20 Inspirational Quotes About Learning
1. Learning is not attained by chance. It must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. – Abigail Adams
2. In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn. – Phil Collins
3. There is no evil in the universe which is not the result of ignorance, and which would not, if we were ready and willing to learn its lesson, lead us to a higher wisdom, and then vanish away. – James Allen
4. The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. – Dr. Seuss,
I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
5. The best thing for being sad,” replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, “is to learn something. That’s the only thing that never fails. You may grow old and trembling in your anatomies, you may lie awake at night listening to the disorder of your veins, you may miss your only love, you may see the world about you devastated by evil lunatics, or know your honour trampled in the sewers of baser minds. There is only one thing for it then — to learn. Learn why the world wags and what wags it. That is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or distrust, and never dream of regretting. Learning is the only thing for you. Look what a lot of things there are to learn.
– T.H. White, The Once and Future King
6. Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it. – Albert Einstein
7. That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you’ve understood all your life, but in a new way. – Doris Lessing
8. An education isn’t how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It’s being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don’t. It’s knowing where to go to find out what you need to know; and it’s knowing how to use the information you get. – William Feather
9. Nothing in life is more exciting and rewarding than the sudden flash of insight that leaves you a changed person, not only changed, but for the better. – Arthur Gordon
10. The books which help you most are those which make you think the most. – Theodore Parker
11. “But what if I make a mistake?” Will asked.
Gilan threw back his head and laughed. “A mistake? One mistake? You should be so lucky. You’ll make dozens! I made four or five on my first day alone! Of course you’ll make mistakes. Just don’t make any of them twice. If you do mess things up, don’t try to hide it. Don’t try to rationalize it. Recognize it and admit it and learn from it. We never stop learning, none of us.” – John Flanagan, Erak’s Ransom
12. Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. – Abigail Adams
13. The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. – B.B. King
14. Let go of certainty. The opposite isn’t uncertainty. It’s openness, curiosity and a willingness to embrace paradox, rather than choose up sides. The ultimate challenge is to accept ourselves exactly as we are, but never stop trying to learn and grow. – Tony Schwartz
15. Never let hard lessons harden your heart; the hard lessons of life are meant to make you better, not bitter.
– Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
16. I’d learned enough from life’s experiences to understand that destiny’s interventions can sometimes be read as invitation for us to address and even surmount our biggest fears. It doesn’t take a great genius to recognize that when you are pushed by circumstance to do the one thing you have always most specifically loathed and feared, this can be, at the very least, an interesting growth opportunity. – Elizabeth Gilbert
17. I don’t know what’s the matter with people: they don’t learn by understanding, they learn by some other way — by rote or something. Their knowledge is so fragile! – Richard Feynman
18. I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. – Pablo Picasso
19. What I learned on my own I still remember. – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
20. I’m always learning something. Learning never ends. – Raymond Carver
Books, cup via Shutterstock | Open book via Shutterstock
Yours is the first post I read this morning , Corinne and I feel so good. What a good way to start the day. I love your posts with quotes.
Glad you liked it, Naba. You know how much I love putting these together.
Linda @ In An Unguarded Moment
Oh, I LOVE these! I’m a full time primary school teacher, so of course any quotes about learning and education peek my interest. These are wonderful…. I especially liked 3 and 5. Five is something I’m focusing on at the moment due to circumstances these last few weeks…. trying to understand and continue to learn about others and the world around me helps me move forward and stay positive. Thanks Corinne!
Chris | Martial Development
Because no list of top quotes is complete without Oscar Wilde:
“Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.”