You don’t have to be acknowledged all the time. Sometimes it’s a good idea to keep your mouth shut while someone else takes credit for your ideas, don’t you think?
You Don’t Have To
An old Indian story:
A talkative turtle overheard two hunters say that they were planning to catch turtles the very next day. When the hunters left, the turtle asked two cranes to help him escape. “Beautiful white birds,” he said, “if you hold a long stick between your beaks, I’ll close my mouth tightly in the middle of it, and then you can fly up and carry me to safety.”
“Good idea,” said the cranes. “But, for the plan to succeed, you will have to keep your mouth closed tightly on the stick and you must not say a word!” The turtle agreed and biting on the middle of a stick held in the beaks of two birds, off he was carried.
When the birds were high in the air with the turtle dangling down from the stick, some people on the ground looked up at the strange sight in the sky and said, “What clever birds! They figured out how to carry a turtle!”
The proud, talkative turtle cried out, “It was my idea!” and fell tumbling down to earth.
Friday Reflections is a link up hosted by Shalini at KohlEyed Me and me, Corinne at Everyday Gyaan. We invite you to join us every Friday to share a good cup of tea and your reflections based on the prompts we provide.
Here’s how #FridayReflections works:
- Write a post using one of the prompts for the week provided below. This week we’re suspending the prompts.
- Use the hashtag #FridayReflections. Please follow us on Twitter @FridayReflect and join our Facebook Group.
- Add your link to the linky below.
- Use our #FridayReflections badge to encourage other bloggers to join in too.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
Image Credits: Shutterstock