I’m welcoming August with gratitude. I always do. It’s a special month for me – my birth month! 😉
Welcoming August With Gratitude
I’ve decided to begin and end the month with some gratitude challenges. For the next seven days, I’ll be looking at how I can change my perspective to be more grateful and open. I’ll be sharing my thoughts on this between 2 August and 8 August.
Word of The Year Journey
I’m looking forward to continuing to grow deeper in my journey with my Word of The Year – Flow. Last month, I focussed on Flowing Meaningfully. This month, my theme is Flow Productively. I’m excited for all I’ve planned to do and more importantly for the systems that I’m trying out to be more productive.
(If you’re wondering what the significance of this fox is, you’ll have to wait to hear about that towards the end of the month. In the meanwhile, enjoy looking at this sweet chap! )
Gratitude For July 2022
There are many little things that I’m grateful for in the very rainy month of July.
- Gratitude for good health despite the crazy rains.
- I also never take for granted how blessed José and I are to be safe in this weather and also to be able to choose when to go out.
- We also managed to successfully file our taxes (me always waiting till the last date!) and I’m grateful for the professionals who help us with this.
- Our household help are a big blessing and again something I don’t take for granted.
- The garden has started to flourish again and we’ve been enjoying picking fresh herbs to use in our food.
- I’ve been doing a lot of reading and have been happy to review some books as well.
- Grateful for new learning from some of the courses I’m pursuing.
- New ideas for writing are always welcome and I’ve been getting quite a few.
- For other bloggers and readers who drop by this blog regularly and encourage my writing by reading and commenting. Thank you! ♥
- Lucky had some health issues which seem to have been sorted out thanks to a good vet and José making the trips to him. Despite the bad weather, we were able to feed our community dogs every day and they’re healthy and happy!
- I took part in an Instagram Challenge – #FMSPhotoADay and enjoyed sharing and looking at the lovely photographs shared by others.
- I’m learning to be less guilty about things I don’t do and appreciate myself of what I can achieve. The practice of writing ‘three things I’m grateful for today’ at the end of each day, helps. Also, writing down a quote/idea/words that struck me each day keeps me inspired. I’ve been sharing these quotes in a series of ‘Words that Inspired Me In ______ (name of the month)
Today’s ‘words that inspired me’ seems most appropriate for me and I hope it inspires you too:
It’s easy to forget how much we’ve grown. Think about how much you’ve changed for the better. You did that. You put in the work, trusted the flow, and lifted your whole life up. And you know that if you keep going, each day will be more beautiful than the last.Cory Allen
Would you like to take part in #MondayMusings? Here’s how it works:
- Write a post sharing your thoughts with us – happy, sad, philosophical, ‘silly’ even.
- Make it as personal as possible.
- Use the hashtag #MondayMusings and link back to this post, if possible.
- Add your link to the linky.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
- Share the love.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
I really like how you have made gratitude such an important aspect of life. I have been trying some little practices of gratitude and I must say it is such a nice way to begin/end the day.
Hope you have a lovely birthday month.
Looking forward to reading your posts.
Reema Dsouza recently posted..The Living Alone Diaries – Of late sunsets, cooking for one and discovering new places
Gratitude has been a life-saver for me, Reema and I’m trying to get deeper into it.
Thank you for your wishes and comment. I’m looking forward to reading of your adventures too.
Corinne Rodrigues recently posted..Challenge The Legacy of Smallness
My Life in Our Father's World
Your list reminded me of some things to add to my list ❤️
Ah! I’m glad. 🙂
Corinne Rodrigues recently posted..Gratitude For Little Things
Jerralea Winn Miller
Happy birth month! Love the idea of your Flow with Productivity Month! Also, practicing daily gratitude is definitely a wise choice.
Jerralea Winn Miller recently posted..You Were Created for Something Good
Thank you, Jerralea. I just read your post and was inspired!
Corinne Rodrigues recently posted..Flow Meaningfully
I enjoyed reading your gratitude list! I’m thankful to have you as a blogger friend. 🙂
Michelle Miller recently posted..Genius Ideas for Storing Blankets
Thank you, Michelle. Likewise!
Corinne Rodrigues recently posted..What’s Your Favorite Quality About Yourself?
Rebecca Forstadt Olkowski
Happy birthday, this month and having gratitude makes life so much sweeter!
Thank you, Rebecca. You’re so right!
Corinne Rodrigues recently posted..Invite Peak Awareness | Grateful Perspective – Day 3
Happy Birthday to you . Mine is August 2nd. I love how you move through the months seeking gratitude in the everyday.
Visiting today from IMM #23
I hope you had a great birthday, Paula.
Corinne Rodrigues recently posted..Become Present | Grateful Perspective – Day 1
Leanne | www.crestingthehill.com.au
Hi Corinne – I always think gratitude challenges like this are great reminders to count our blessings and appreciate how good our life is. I did a 30 day “no complaining” challenge a couple of years ago when I was stuck in that toxic job – it helped turn my mindset around and re-focused me. Happy birthday month and enjoy all the good vibes that counting your blessings will bring into your life. 🙂
What a fantastic idea to honor your birth month! Looking forward to reading your gratitude perspectives, Corinne.
August is my birth month, too. Though, I’m in sort of a bed rest now due to back pain, I’m excited and feel calmer than usual.
Happy birthday month to you, Corinne. ♥️
Vinitha recently posted..Weekly Gratitude – 30 #SoulfulSunday
I do not practice gratefulness enough, and practice complaining way too much. I was brought up short a while back when I realized how many times the first words out of my mouth in the morning were complaints. Life will never be perfect, but my list of things to be grateful for today is overflowing.
Esha M Dutta
I love the idea of welcoming the birth month with so much gratitude! I practice gratitude as a way of life now and find it so therapeutic. It is so strange that while practicing daily gratitude is definitely a matter of choice and so easy to do, and it doesn’t even cost a thing, I see many around me who find it hard to be grateful. They are NEVER happy with life.
Lately, I am having to deal with one such person who, despite being well looked-after, cared for, and fussed-over by everyone in the family during her illness, is only able to gripe about what she’s not happy with and the list keeps growing every day. It’s a constant test of patience to ignore the tantrums and the ensuing drama!
Of course, as always, there’s meditation coming to our rescue ever so often!! 😉
Esha M Dutta recently posted..Thank God, the Week is Over!
Happy Birthday! May you have many, many ,many more things to be grateful for during the year and beyond. Give Lucky a hug and a kiss for me. Hope she is okay now.
The. Fox is one of those characters. who have been wrongly placed by many. The usual phrase “the cunning Fox” I feel the fox is an intelligent animal.
Joe Zachariah recently posted..Osprey and young ones