I’m welcoming August with gratitude. I always do. It’s a special month for me – my birth month! 😉
Welcoming August With Gratitude
I’ve decided to begin and end the month with some gratitude challenges. For the next seven days, I’ll be looking at how I can change my perspective to be more grateful and open. I’ll be sharing my thoughts on this between 2 August and 8 August.
Word of The Year Journey
I’m looking forward to continuing to grow deeper in my journey with my Word of The Year – Flow. Last month, I focussed on Flowing Meaningfully. This month, my theme is Flow Productively. I’m excited for all I’ve planned to do and more importantly for the systems that I’m trying out to be more productive.
(If you’re wondering what the significance of this fox is, you’ll have to wait to hear about that towards the end of the month. In the meanwhile, enjoy looking at this sweet chap! )
Gratitude For July 2022
There are many little things that I’m grateful for in the very rainy month of July.
- Gratitude for good health despite the crazy rains.
- I also never take for granted how blessed José and I are to be safe in this weather and also to be able to choose when to go out.
- We also managed to successfully file our taxes (me always waiting till the last date!) and I’m grateful for the professionals who help us with this.
- Our household help are a big blessing and again something I don’t take for granted.
- The garden has started to flourish again and we’ve been enjoying picking fresh herbs to use in our food.
- I’ve been doing a lot of reading and have been happy to review some books as well.
- Grateful for new learning from some of the courses I’m pursuing.
- New ideas for writing are always welcome and I’ve been getting quite a few.
- For other bloggers and readers who drop by this blog regularly and encourage my writing by reading and commenting. Thank you! ♥
- Lucky had some health issues which seem to have been sorted out thanks to a good vet and José making the trips to him. Despite the bad weather, we were able to feed our community dogs every day and they’re healthy and happy!
- I took part in an Instagram Challenge – #FMSPhotoADay and enjoyed sharing and looking at the lovely photographs shared by others.
- I’m learning to be less guilty about things I don’t do and appreciate myself of what I can achieve. The practice of writing ‘three things I’m grateful for today’ at the end of each day, helps. Also, writing down a quote/idea/words that struck me each day keeps me inspired. I’ve been sharing these quotes in a series of ‘Words that Inspired Me In ______ (name of the month)
Today’s ‘words that inspired me’ seems most appropriate for me and I hope it inspires you too:
It’s easy to forget how much we’ve grown. Think about how much you’ve changed for the better. You did that. You put in the work, trusted the flow, and lifted your whole life up. And you know that if you keep going, each day will be more beautiful than the last.Cory Allen
Would you like to take part in #MondayMusings? Here’s how it works:
- Write a post sharing your thoughts with us – happy, sad, philosophical, ‘silly’ even.
- Make it as personal as possible.
- Use the hashtag #MondayMusings and link back to this post, if possible.
- Add your link to the linky.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
- Share the love.