The self help guru, Dr Wayne Dyer passed away on August 29, 2015.
Wayne Dyer has inspired people since his first book, Your Erroneous Zones, was published in 1976. He went on to publish over 40 books that have inspired people to change their perceptions and live life to the fullest. His book, Pulling Your Own Strings had a deep impact on my life, making me start to take more responsibility for my own destiny.
Quite recently I shared with you about his book, Excuses Begone. I also reviewed Dr Dyer’s daughter, Serena’s book, Don’t Die With Your Music Still In You.
Memorable Wayne Dyer Quotes
- When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.
- The more you see yourself as what you’d like to become, and act as if what you want is already there, the more you’ll activate those dormant forces that will collaborate to transform your dream into your reality.
- See the light in others and treat them as if that is all you see.
- Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.
- You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.
- ‘The kingdom of heaven is within you’ is not an empty cliche; it is a reality.
- “When you have the choice between being right and being kind just choose kind.
- When you stay on purpose and refuse to be discouraged by fear, you align with the infinite self, in which all possibilities exist.
- Practice being the kind of person you wish to attract.
- You have the power to create the naturally stress-free and tranquil life you desire: You can either activate thoughts that produce stress within you, or activate thoughts that make stress impossible. It’s your choice.
- Anything you really want, you can attain, if you really go after it.
- You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.
- If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t you will see obstacles.
- You have everything you need for complete peace and total happiness right now.
- Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him.
- You are not stuck where you are unless you decide to be.
- If others aren’t treating you as you’d like, acknowledge: I taught these people how to treat me as a result of my willingness to make their opinions of me more important than my own. It’s now my intention to teach them how I wish to be treated from here on in!
- Having a mind that is open to everything and attached to nothing seems to me to be one of the most basic principles that you can adopt to contribute to individual and world peace.
- A mind at peace, a mind centered and not focused on harming others, is stronger than any physical force in the universe.
- If you ask with kindness in your voice and in your heart, How may I serve you ? the Universe’s response will be, ‘How may I serve you as well.’
Do you have a favourite Wayne Dyer Quote?
Absolutely no favorite quote here at some days I feel I have woven fabric of my life from his wise wise words.
Oh I understand, Carla! It’s amazing how words can influence our lives.
The world will be a little darker without him. The very first quote has always been a favorite of mine.
Yes it will, Rena. Thanks for sharing your favourite. It’s pretty obvious from your writing that it is how you live your life!
Wise man, loving man and he’ll be missed. I love just about all those quotes.
Loved the quotes. Many of them I had heard, or course. Many of them I have implemented into my life. It was nice to have them in one place to draw from – thank you.
Yes, many of these are quite popular, Carol. I try to incorporate these into my life too.
Rebecca Forstadt Olkowski
Great collection from a wonderful man.
“Everything in the Universe has a purpose. Indeed the invisible intelligence that flows through everything in a purposeful fashion is also flowing through you.”
Don’t you just love the simplicity and the deep wisdom of those words?
Thanks for stopping by, Rebecca.
Great quotes. I was inspired by your blog post to share some of my favorite Wayne Dyer quotes and thoughts on them myself.
Everyone of those quotes is my favorite. That man’s teachings (along with a couple others) helped me through every step of my life transitions.
Good to know that, Karen! He was an amazing soul.
I’d never heard of Wayne Dyer until we lived in Vermont. I know several of our friends there really loved his “ministry”. It’s always sad at the passing of someone who gives off so much light!
Indeed, Nan. He touched many lives!
Darla M Sands
Great quotes. I had not read them all. Thank you!
Glad you liked them, Darla.
Such wonderful quotes Corrine … I must confess I only read about him on your blog…But these quotes that you just shared have made me want to find out more about him…For today I choose this quote of his
‘If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t you will see obstacles.’
Lovely choice, Nabanita. I’ve found that to be so true in my life!
I have never read his work but now he is on my ‘to read’ list. Thanks Corinne for this enlightening post (no pun intended)
I’m certain his words will resonate with your beliefs, Lata.
Anything you really want, you can attain, if you really go after it.
This is so true quote. You can achieve whatever you want, you just need to have faith in the same.