I spent January unboxing my word of the year. The word ‘heal‘ was not part of my plan – it was not a word that I considered as I explored what my word of the year would be. But this is just what I need this year.
What I wrote at the start of the month in my Bullet Journal
In January, I want to spend time unboxing my word and look carefully at all the areas I need to heal.
On an emotional level, I want to work on my fears and what keeps me back from being brave and taking risks. I want to look deeper at my relationships – are they any I want to restore? I also need to work on not letting people take me for granted.
My Intention For January
To open myself to healing of mind, body and spirit. I want to delve deeper into the untended / unattended areas of me and allow them into the light. In January, I am open to healing intentionally.
How Did Unboxing My Word Go?
- I made a lists – a lot of which I actually enjoyed ticking off!
- For the most part, I stuck to my daily rituals – Morning Pages, Scripture Reflection, Gratitude list and words that inspired me for the day.
- Did more walking.
- Wrote everyday on Instagram (that’s a whole other post).
- I also allowed myself a lot more freedom without guilt on days when things didn’t go according to plan.
- I made time to connect/ reconnect more intentionally and meaningfully with people
- Stood up for myself when I needed to
- I tried to be kinder and gentler to myself and others.
- Tried my best to live up to the 5 principles I’m attempting to align myself with.
My mantra this month has been: “more fulfillment and less guilt.”
How has your Word of the Year Journey through January been?
I’m joining Lisa’s One Word Linkup with this January update