I’ve been experimenting with my writing these days. Trying to be brave. When I read the following lines from Umberto Eco, I was inspired to write about how I’m trying to trust the empty spaces.
“And then I have a secret. Did you know what will happen if you eliminate the empty spaces from the universe, eliminate the empty spaces in all the atoms? The universe will become as big as my fist…Similarly, we have a lot of empty spaces in our lives. I call them interstices…I work in empty spaces” ~ Umberto Eco
Trust the empty spaces.
A lack of love.
Feeling cut off.
Tempting to fill them with:
Endless internet hours.
Longer hours at work.
Drowning it in alchohol.
Hard to trust the empty spaces.
Difficult to believe.
That they’re there for a purpose.
Would you like to take part in #MondayMusings? Here’s how it works:
- Write a post sharing your thoughts with us – happy, sad, philosophical, ‘silly’ even. Make it as personal as possible.
- Use the hashtag #MondayMusings.
- Add your link to the linky which you will find here below.
- Use the #MondayMusings badge to encourage other bloggers join in too.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
- Share the love.