In the times we’re going through right now, there could be 101 reasons why you don’t feel like smiling. But I’m also sure that for every one of those reasons, you’ll probably also find a reason to smile – if you look carefully.
A newsletter I received from Cheryl Richardson read:
This week, become aware of the little things that make you smile. As you notice them, pay attention to how they make you feel. If they feel good, really good, attach value to them immediately. Tell yourself, “This is the kind of experience that matters. I want more of this in my life.”
The Little Things That Make Me Smile
So I start to notice and pay attention to the little things that make me smile. And I realize that my list grows – if only I let it. I wrote this post in 2013 and have updated it with a new list of things that made me smile today! I thought it was so relevant for these time.
- Pablo and Lucky giving me an early morning nuzzle to let me know they are awake.
- An early morning cuddle from my husband.
- My first cup of coffee in the morning.
- A local stray dog (the kids around have called him Bruno) that comes so happily to greet Pablo and me on our walk,
- A wholesome breakfast made by my husband
- The scent of my soap, shampoo, talc and cream.
- The scent of a agarbatthi ( joss stick ) I’ve burned as I work.
- A crazy conversation with an old friend that went on and on – with so many pauses for laughter.
- A picture another friend sent me of her newly born granddaughter! (Yes, some of my contemporaries are grandparents!)
- The sounds of birds and watching them come to feed at the feeder we have our little front patch.
This list is only from today and it’s certainly not complete.
There’s lots more where that came from – thousands of other moments that I haven’t listed here. Isn’t that reason to smile?
The little things? The little moments? They aren’t little.Joh Kabat-Zinn
What are the things that made you smile today?