Thankful seeds? Yes, the kind of thoughts you sow in your head that keep growing and growing. So you start out with one seed – being thankful for one thing and soon you’ll have another thing to be thankful for….Yes thankful thoughts multiply like rabbits. (no naughty thoughts, people – you know rabbits…yes, we had a pair once and within months we had a whole hutch full of them!)
So while I enjoy our monthly Gratitude Circle posts, I’m starting to enjoy writing a weekly Ten Things of Thankful (TTOT) post and linking in to the lovely ladies who host this. I’m also linking in to Laurel Regan’s Gratitude List.
So here’s my list:
- Thankful to the hosts of TTOT : Considerings (I hope you’re having a blast, Lizzi), Amycake and the Dude, A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine.
- As I reflected on events that brought sorrow to the world and watch in horror as tens of thousands attempt to find homes, I am thankful for the resilience of the human spirit.
- Rains right through the week that caused the wild rain lilies to sprout in our front yard – much like ‘thankful seeds’ they keep multiplying.
- Shelter, food and warmth – things that I often take for granted, but which millions around the world struggle to get.
- Love – the everyday kind – something that I will never take for granted.
- Writing and blogging that allow me express myself in a unique way.
- Income that steadily flows from my work and is always a joy to receive especially at times when I don’t actively seek it.
- Inspiration I get from people who despite their difficult circumstances, manage to smile and bring joy to others.
- Appliances and devices that make life so much more convenient.
- Uncertainty about some aspects of our life that keep us grounded and hopeful.
What thankful seeds are you planting this week?