We’ve been trying to get an earlier start to our days, but I would love to get up and to enjoy many miracle mornings.
I’ve heard it said that you should start by reading Hal Elrod’s The Miracle Morning : The 6 Habits That Will Transform Your Life Before 8 AM. I’ve got myself a copy and am reading it right now. Have you read it?
Enjoy Many Miracle Mornings
Elrod’s Life S.A.V.E.R.S (an acronym, with each letter standing for something he recommends doing in the morning)
- Silence – Decreases stress & anxiety while increasing happiness & focus.
- Affirmations – Improve self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Visualization – Rehearse in your mind performing at your best.
- Exercise – Increase energy and physical well-being.
- Reading – Learn how to change any area of your life.
- Scribing – Reflect, track progress, & cultivate gratitude.
I can see how many of these practices are part of my life already, just not something I do at the start of each day.
I hope that as I go through the book I might find a lot more motivation to get up earlier and try to switch my routine around to incorporate these practices before I do anything else. For a former morning person, it shouldn’t be too hard.
However, like with all formulas, each of us must do what works for us.
Do you start the day early ? And how does this work for you?