If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that one of the favourite parts of blogging for me is the connections made through blogging.
- A complete stranger writes something on their blog that resonates with you so deeply. You tell them that and instantly a connection is formed.
- Another blogger reads your post and seems to ‘get’ you in a way that not many of your ‘real’ friends do. Another connection made.
- A third blogger encourages with comments and shares your posts regularly on social media. Another connection.
- You and other bloggers are part of a blogging group in which you share your posts, share things you’d like to write about but aren’t sure how to go about it, want to know how to get published on other blogs/websites, wish people for their birthdays, share news about competitions, memes, etc, get recommendations for fixing your website……..Several connection are formed.
Love from fellow bloggers is hard to explain to people who don’t blog! Suffice to say, you’ve got to be a blogger to experience it.
When I first started blogging, late in 2007, giving awards to fellow bloggers was the rage. It was a way of showing respect, acknowledging other bloggers, getting to know them better (and more cynically, building links!). However, after a while, I stopped passing on these awards or even acknowledging them – so people stopped awarding me too.
Not very nice of me, I know.
I’m still hesitant about passing on the awards, only because I feel it might put pressure on other bloggers to have to answer the questions that accompany these awards. However, I must acknowledge with thanks, three awards from three lovely women I’ve had the pleasure to connect with in the last year. Today I’m only sharing the questions they’ve asked me, I’ll make three separate posts with my answers.
Thank you to the inspiring Mackenzie Glanville from Reflections of Me who nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Her questions to me:
- Have you always loved writing?
- What keeps you passionate about your blog?
- What other passions do you have and do these compliment your blog?
- How has your style of writing or your website changed over the time you have been blogging?
- If you are not found behind your computer, where would we find you?
Magical Mystical Mimi nominated me for the Inspiring Blog Award. Thank you to this feisty friend of mine. She makes me smile!
- What/who blog/blogger, inspires YOU?
- How do you stay inspired to keep blogging?
- What do you do when you’re just not feeling it?
Ruth Curran of Cranium Crunches nominated me for the Liebster Award. She’s one awesome lady! Thank you, Ruth.
1. What is your dream destination?
2. What places have you visited that you thought were highly overrated?
3. What is your favorite U.S. destination?
4. What makes you happy?
5. Why did you start blogging?
6. What are your top three bucket list items?
7. What is one piece of advice you would offer or one saying you live by?
8. What is the best thing anyone has ever said about your blog?
9. What is your ultimate guilty pleasure?
10. What is one product or service you cannot live without?
11. What two countries make you the happiest to visit?
I’d love to have a cup of coffee (several even) with each of these ladies sometime!
Have you ever received an award from a fellow blogger? How do you respond to it?
Corinne, you played an important role in helping my blog boom in terms of appreciation and hits. If today, I got 100 k views, your encouragement through Write Tribe played the trick. I was just a blog illiterati. Connecting with fellow bloggers and they are my strength cum unflinching support.
Congratulations on your pageviews, Vishal. It’s entirely due to your authenticity and gift for connecting with others in such a genuine way!