Those of your who have been following my Word Of The Year updates will know that I have a theme every month. For July it has been – Flow Meaningfully.
This is what I wrote at the start of July about my plans for the month.
While last month, I chose to go with the flow, this month, I want to flow meaningfully. To have a better sense of direction to what I’m doing and where I am headed. I trust that I am flowing in the right direction. I want to set habits and practices in place that bring more meaning to my life and add value to those in my circle.
These are the habits/practices that I want to be faithful to.
- My scripture reading and reflection. I will consider reviving the blog that I share these reflections on.
- Make sure I get my Morning Pages written early.
- Write consistently and meaningfully on my blog.
- Write my 3 gratitudes every night.
- Note down the one sentence that inspires me during the day.
- Spend my learning time usefully, so that I get value for the time.
- Complete scheduled tasks in time to avoid last minute pressure.
- Make meaningful connections with people.
- Use every day well and enjoy what I do.
- Cook new dishes – experiment, yet, enjoy the mundane!
I was quite pleased with what I wrote. I wasn’t able to stick to all it in a sustained manner. But I’m happy that my focus on ‘flow’ has resulted in clarity and in simple ways to make life meaningful. Grateful for so many things – grace, above all!
It’s easy to get upset with yourself when you can’t stick to the plan. I often compare myself to others who seem so much more disciplined, but that doesn’t help. So I’m allowing myself to flow at my pace and be patient with my own growth, reminding myself of these words from Morgan Harper Nichols : “It may take some time to learn to be patient with yourself, but it is a worthwhile journey.”
How’s your Word of The Year journey going?
I’m joining Lisa from Lisa’s note One Word Linkup for July 2022 and the #2022wotylinkparty hosted by Sue from Living Well After 50, Deb from Deb’s World, Donna from Retirement Reflections and Jo from And Anyways
Would you like to take part in #MondayMusings? Here’s how it works:
- Write a post sharing your thoughts with us – happy, sad, philosophical, ‘silly’ even.
- Make it as personal as possible.
- Use the hashtag #MondayMusings and link back to this post, if possible.
- Add your link to the linky.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
- Share the love.