“How’s married life treating you,” her friend asked a few months after the wedding. “Overall, it’s good. He’s a great guy. But often I’m exasperated by the smallest things. A jar left half opened. A wet towel left on the bed. Facial hair in the wash basin….”
Exasperated By The Smallest Things?
Some years later.
“I’m feeling funny,” she said.
“Funny? What do you mean?” he asked.
“Like I’m going to be sick,” and before she could go on further, she puked all over him.
He didn’t blink, but went to get her a glass of water and a wet towel to clean her. Only then did he clean himself up.
She was most apologetic, but he just brushed her apologies aside.
Now on days when he seems cross with her, and she wants to be cross with him, she finds it hard. On days when she’s exasperated by the smallest things, she remembers this little episode with love and gratitude.
It’s always the smallest things, right? Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart, don’t they?
Would you like to take part in #MondayMusings? Here’s how it works:
- Write a post sharing your thoughts with us – happy, sad, philosophical, ‘silly’ even. Make it as personal as possible.
- Use the hashtag #MondayMusings.
- Add your link to the linky which you will find here below.
- Use the #MondayMusings badge to encourage other bloggers join in too.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
- Share the love.