I’m always amazed at the details that good artists or fine photographers are able to capture. They capture beauty in the ordinary. Like this picture. Just some trees and a body of water but what a beautiful picture – how wonderfully the reflection of the tree is captured. ‘What a great eye s/he has!’ we say. And I ask myself – Do you have a good ‘eye’? Not for a picture, but to see the beauty and goodness in the every day events of my life. Do I truly appreciate the wonder of it all?
I’m afraid that most often, I’m too caught up with looking out for the spectacular that I miss the beauty hidden in the mundane. The seemingly inconsequential details of our every day lives can be truly beautiful, if we have our inner eyes open to them.
Do You Have A Good Eye?
Things like the regular cups of tea made by my husband, the regular ‘how are you doing’ messages from friends, the wag of Pablo’s little tail to tell me that he’s happy, Lucky’s welcome growl to say she’s happy I’m home, hugs, books, food….I could go on listing out the beauty of the daily events of my life.
But sadly sometimes I close that inner eye and I miss the beauty of it all. I’m trying to develop my ‘eye’. Are you?
Would you like to take part in #MondayMusings?Here’s how it works:
- Write a post sharing your thoughts with us – happy, sad, philosophical, ‘silly’ even. Make it as personal as possible.
- Use the hashtag #MondayMusings.
- Add your link to the linky below
- Use our #MondayMusings badge to encourage other bloggers join in too.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
- Share the love.