Have yourself a therapeutic Thursday – take some time out to feel better about yourself, work on improving or mending a relationship ……. basically give yourself some therapy – relax, refresh, renew…..
I’ve always loved the wonderful smells of eucalyptus, lavender, and peppermint – I guess, I’ve got a nose for aromatherapy, as it’s now called. I’ve been known to go around the house with two or three agarbathies –joss sticks). Or try desperately to get some incense burning. Now thankfully, those wonderful essential oils are easily available and quite affordable, seeing that they last for quite a long time.
Let me share with you just a few reasons aromatherapy is good:
- As a mood enhancer – can either help you feel energized or relaxed = depending on the scent e.g. lemon gets you energized, while lavender relaxes.
- As a healing agent – lavender heals burns.
- As a cleanser. – tea tree oil is an excellent antiseptic cleanser.
- As a pain reliever – peppermint.
- As an anti-depressant – geranium
Here are some of the ways I use these essential oils :
- Pour a few drops of lavender essential oil in to my bath at night (works with a bucket or a bathtub). If the water steaming, it’s wonderful how the whole bathroom is permeated with the relaxing scent of lavender.
- Put a few drops of essential oil into a spray bottle (I got a little plastic bottle with a spray) and top it up with water. Use instead of the aerosol air freshener sprays you buy off the shelf! It’s natural, cheaper, and what’s more you’re saving the ozone layer. You can even have different spray bottles to create different moods.
- Daub some lavender essential oil on a piece of cotton and put it in to our pillow cases – the pillows smells good and the the lavender relaxes.
There’s a lot more.. but I’ll leave you to try one or all of these out and let me know how it works for you.
I guess I'll have to try the lavender one to relax…smells in my head already!!!! mmm…!
Tried it yet…it's lovely – one of my favorite scents in the whole world 🙂