What if we began every day, every action and every interaction with gratitude? Wouldn’t it be enough to affect the quality of our lives and impact the world in a positive way?
I’ve been attempting to do a very brief gratitude practice as I awake every morning. I shared this in my post – 10 Gratitude Tips. Somehow starting the day on a grateful note makes me more mindful of all I enjoy through the day.
Looking for a more structured practice, I came up a simple one that I’d like to share with you.
- Still yourself by focusing on your breathing
- Ask yourself either of these two questions : 1. What is it that I’m grateful for in this moment? 2. What opportunity is life giving me, to enable me to be more grateful?
- Record your answers.
I’m going to add this to my Morning Pages exercise – perhaps use another notebook for it. I’ll let you know how I make progress. If you attempt to incorporate this practice into your routine or already do something similar, let me know how it goes.
Now on to my Gratitude List for June 2015. I am grateful for:
- good health enjoyed through the month.
- a safe trip to Mumbai and back. We managed to accomplish some things even if we were stuck indoors for a few days because of the rains. As I mentioned in my newsletter last week, we are grateful that we made a smooth exit before the ‘floods’.
- for a safe place to park Pablo when we’re out of town and for the care and affection Sumathi of Petcetera Homestays.
- all the blog hops I take part in and all the blogging groups I’m a part of. This brings me in touch with some wonderful people. I’m also learning more and more to write more like myself. 🙂
- the gift of choices – never to be taken for granted. I’m glad to be making a few good ones.
- the gift of grace that saves me from the consequences of my bad choices!
Always begin with gratitude. – Joel Levey
Our Gratitude Circle post is a regular feature on the 4th Thursday of every month.
Join Vidya Sury and me by writing a gratitude post and linking in to us and adding your linky to our Gratitude Circle Hop post. The linky is open for a whole month. Add this pretty badge to your post/ site and visit and read the other posts linked.