This is a reminder for me to restart my morning ritual – the Morning Pages. It has been one of the most life-changing exercises for me. It made me see things in my past and present like I had never done before. It opened up a lot of creativity within me.
I have struggled with it- off some days, on some days – and finally gave it up altogether last year.
A Morning Ritual
She sits quietly by the window
Taking in the morning air.
Enjoying the sounds of the birds.
Her coffee cools
As she recalls all she dreamed the night before.
Then she starts to write
Without thought or censor
Writing of her dreams, her prayers,
Her memories and her pain,
Her love, her gratitude
And everything that makes life rich and colorful.
The pen seems to take on a life of its own
The pages seem to absorb it all
Clearing her head
Helping her to move on
To focus on the day ahead.
The Morning Pages’ ritual is recommended by Julia Cameron in her book The Artist’s Way.
Do you have a morning ritual that centers you and helps you face the rest of the day in a better way?
Would you like to take part in #MondayMusings?
Here’s how it works:
- Write a post sharing your thoughts with us – happy, sad, philosophical, ‘silly’ even. Make it as personal as possible.
- Use the hashtag #MondayMusings.
- Add your link to the linky below
- Use our #MondayMusings badge to encourage other bloggers join in too.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
- Share the love.
Image Credits: Shutterstock