A Chance I Didn’t Take?
Do I have regrets about this? We all have regrets, but deep within I’m very happy at the place I am right now. And I’m here writing. aren’t I? That’s what I liked about being a journalist – the writing. However, I took the long road to doing this – a long sometimes hard, but never boring road. I worked for two tyre companies as a secretary to the branch managers – although I didn’t know shorthand and was just learning to type! Both offered me permanent jobs, which I didn’t take. I then moved to a start-up project of a hotel from a well-respected chain – worked in the HR Department as an Assistant. I got an offer to be trained at their School of Management but the hospitality industry was not my cup of tea. I then moved to a Bank – stayed for seven years – enjoyed it. Then opted out…..Moved to an NGO, then did my Masters in English! Moved then to teaching and then on to training – worked in another multinational bank and then set up my own training company.
The story goes on – I kept reinventing myself…and enjoyed each new avatar. So here I am now an ex-banker, an ex-teacher, a training professional and magically – a writer. Life comes the full circle, doesn’t it?
Somewhere down the line I’ve realized that everyone of these experiences, or shall we call them experiments, have taught me a lot – about the world, about myself, skills………
“All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
Friday Reflections is a link up hosted by Shalini at KohlEyed Me and me, Corinne at Everyday Gyaan. We invite you to join us every Friday to share a good cup of tea and your reflections based on the prompts we provide.
Here’s how #FridayReflections works:
- Write a post using one of the prompts for the week provided below.
- Use the hashtag #FridayReflections. Please follow us on Twitter @FridayReflect and join our Facebook Group.
- Add your link to the linky below.
- Use our #FridayReflections badge to encourage other bloggers to join in too.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
Prompts for 15th June 2018 are:
1. She was a summer storm- wild and unexpected and transient (via Let’s Write)
2. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. Via Corinne Rodrigues
Image Credits: Shutterstock