As a blogger/writer, we often face fatigue, a slump in creativity and lack of inspiration. I find that sometimes it’s the simple things that energize me and bring a spring back in my step and freshness to my mind.
Here are 7 simple things that energize me:
- A cup of coffee. No, I’m not an addict. I can go without it. But a cup of joe does the trick.
- A walk outside. As Henry David Thoreau, an American essayist, poet and philosopher said , “Methinks that the moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow.” (Read How Walking Helps Your Writing on my other blog, The Frangipani Creative).
- Listening to some upbeat music. I have some playlists stored on Spotify that are there only to energize me. A good sing-a-long gets me energized.
- Snacks that fuel energy. For me its usually fruit that give me a pick me up. It could be a bowl of yoghurt, or nuts.
- A power nap. Take one when you need it. It’s amazing how refreshed you can feel.
- Essential oils/ joss sticks – I love burning joss sticks and dabbing some essential oils too. Citrus and peppermint oils are know to provide a good boost to your energy levels.
- Focus on the positive. Applaud yourself for small achievements. Spend a few moments in gratitude.
“Whatever we focus our attention on grows. When we attend to what energizes or inspires us, we flourish.”
― David Taylor-Klaus
What are the simple things that energize you?
I’m undertaking the #Write28Days Challenge and will be posting every day in February. I will combine this with my regular features – #MondayMusings, #FiveMinuteFriday and #100WordsOnSaturday.
I love your list. Many of these are things that energize me as well. I’m trying to do better with working for 25 minutes, then taking a 5 minute break. The mini-breaks are energizing me in this season (and getting me out of the chair more often, ha).
Mini-breaks are really good too. Yes, it’s so important to get out of the chair. Thanks for visiting, Lisa.
Corinne Rodrigues recently posted..An Argument To Delete Social Media Accounts?
Great ideas. Coffee is my go-to energizer, but I hadn’t thought of Essential Oils. I will have to try that.
These are great ideas to energize. I enjoy coffee a lot, probably too much. Shared on Pinterest.
Visiting from #write28days.
Ryan K Biddulph
I am with you on #1. Been coffee free for weeks; I can enjoy a cup or skip it for months. No addiction. Doing Kriya yoga energizes me a bit. Tensing and swiping does the trick.
Ryan K Biddulph recently posted..Should You Quit Blogging?
Positivity, coffee, powernap, music and snacks are great ways to rejuvenate. Mine is chatting to old friends from college and yoga with music doing a fab job.