As a blogger/writer, we often face fatigue, a slump in creativity and lack of inspiration. I find that sometimes it’s the simple things that energize me and bring a spring back in my step and freshness to my mind.
Here are 7 simple things that energize me:
- A cup of coffee. No, I’m not an addict. I can go without it. But a cup of joe does the trick.
- A walk outside. As Henry David Thoreau, an American essayist, poet and philosopher said , “Methinks that the moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow.” (Read How Walking Helps Your Writing on my other blog, The Frangipani Creative).
- Listening to some upbeat music. I have some playlists stored on Spotify that are there only to energize me. A good sing-a-long gets me energized.
- Snacks that fuel energy. For me its usually fruit that give me a pick me up. It could be a bowl of yoghurt, or nuts.
- A power nap. Take one when you need it. It’s amazing how refreshed you can feel.
- Essential oils/ joss sticks – I love burning joss sticks and dabbing some essential oils too. Citrus and peppermint oils are know to provide a good boost to your energy levels.
- Focus on the positive. Applaud yourself for small achievements. Spend a few moments in gratitude.
“Whatever we focus our attention on grows. When we attend to what energizes or inspires us, we flourish.”
― David Taylor-Klaus
What are the simple things that energize you?