Smiling! That’s something I love to do. No matter, how much I’ve changed over the years, I’m told I’d be recognized for my smile! I take that as a huge compliment, wouldn’t you? Now let me share with you the 30 things that make me smile.
I love how you can smile at a complete stranger and make a connection. The power of a smile is truly something that binds us all.
It’s the little things that always make me smile.
So here in no particular order are the 30 things that make me smile:
- Chocolate – any kind, but if contains coconut…it makes me smile a long time more! 😉 ‘Bounty’ful chocolate!
- Which brings me to coconut. Fresh coconut nothing sweeter!
- Our Pablo who loves coconut too. Yes, a boxer dog crazy about coconut! When he was younger he loved playing with them. Now that he’s older coconut sweets and cookies are his favourite!
- My husband who goes out of his way to indulge Pablo sometimes – and me always! 😉
- Silly ‘inside’ jokes – when you just have to look at the other person and you know they got it too!
- Opening a new bar of soap – sandal and lavender are my favorite.
- Popping bubble wrap. Confess, you love doing that too!
- Hugging someone I love.
- The smell of a brand new note book.
- Filling a fountain pen with ink. Yes, I’ve started using them again – back to my old love!
- The fact that I have loads of books to read and review – all free. Allow me to brag for a moment – I’m a ‘top reviewer’ on NetGalley!
- Looking at old pictures and trying to figure out who is who.
- Watching a kite in the sky.
- Watching children playing gleefully on a beach.
- Watching adults behave like children on a beach.
- Cold pizza to start the day – because you ordered too much the night before.
- Hot coffee to get the day off to a great start.
- The cartoon strips in the morning newspapers. My husband has introduced me to Tiger and I love that Punkinhead chap!
- Watching dog videos. Yesterday, I watched a dog doing yoga and he made me smile.
- Overhearing little kids talk – they can truly say the darndest things!
- A good haircut. Which reminds me how I’m looking forward to one at the end of the month.
- A tall glass of cold shandy – with a dash of beer and loads of lemonade.
- Spicy hot pickles.
- Watching my husband relish the food I’ve made.
- Surpises. I love surprises. (Hint…hint…!)
- When I take the trouble (rarely) to dress up and someone compliments me.
- A warm shower – accompanied by my singing! 🙂
- Listening to an old song.
- Watching someone perform a random act of kindness. Even better, when I do one!
- My blog. My writing. And you, dear reader!
A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. – Phyllis Diller
Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. – Buddha
Dear, whoever is reading this, I hope you have reason to smile today! If not, go find your smile!
I’m linking into #FridayReflections (@FridayReflect) hosted by two lovely ladies: Janine Ripper and Mackenzie Glanville. Click here to find out more about this link up.
The first and the last are what keep me smiling most, Corinne! Chocolate (but minus the coconut:) and writing – can’t top either except doing both at the same time I guess:)
Glad this made you smile, Vishnu. Writing and chocoloate – great combonation! I promise to try it out real soon! 😉
Corinne Rodrigues recently posted..The Importance of Respect In A Marriage #MarchMarriageChallenge
Oh man I so love bubble wrap too – it is impossible to miss! And I really want to watch this dog yoga video now! Thanks for joining in and making me smile Corrine 🙂 Love it!
Janine recently posted..30 Things That Make Me Smile
You know the sad part, Janine? Bubble wrap is being less and less! 🙁
I hope you enjoyed the dog video.
Like I mentioned, I’m loving this link up! Thank you.
Corinne Rodrigues recently posted..The Art of Stillness #1Word
Mackenzie Glanville (reflectionsfromme.com)
So much to love about this post, it made me smile. Firstly Thank You!!! It makes me smile that you are linking up with Janine and I. Looks like we have lots of things in common. I had a boxer dog growing up, we were a boxer dog family, they are divine. Coconut I am with you there too. Oh and surprises yes please. I am also with you on 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9, oh and 20. Just adore your list. Oh and have you seen my puppy video dogblog.reflectionsfromme.com
thanks again, mac xx
Mackenzie Glanville (reflectionsfromme.com) recently posted..Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
We surely have a lot in common, Corinne! Dog videos, beaches, chocolate, coffee, bubble wrap… Aww… it’s definitely all about the lil’ things! 🙂
Shalini recently posted..Act!!! #MakeItHappen #IndiasDaughter
Such a beautiful post Corinne! I too love bounty and coconut sweets and I see that many of our reasons to smile match. 😀
You know what? I am tempted to write a post like this. It will bring a smile every time I will read it. Over the years and years to come 🙂
Parul recently posted..Mid-Career Crisis – A Book Review
What a great list – lovely things to smile about. Have a great Sunday.
Fil recently posted..Accents
Bearer of Sunday smiles, thank you so much! Riley, my dog, makes me smile and so does my loving husband.
Carol Cassara recently posted..Window to my world
Agree very much on point No 6, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 20 & 28.
(fountain pen inks are still available?)
joe recently posted..Photo shoot
Happiness is truly universal as these things could also make me smile. Especially the long warm showers, beautiful surprises and my blog readers. Both old and new ones. 🙂
Lux Ganzon recently posted..I Am No Damsel In Distress
Teresa (embracing the spectrum)
Great list. Chocolate is a good reason to smile…
Teresa (embracing the spectrum) recently posted..30 Reasons To Smile While Raising a Child With Autism
Hi Corinne! Lots of great reminders here Corinne. But for me, the #1 BEST thing that makes me smile is remembering who I truly am and where I fit into things. When I’m there all is well. I’m not always there but I’m working on it! ~Kathy
Kathy recently posted..Science Says YES! To Happiness
My Inner Chick
My Inner Chick recently posted..12 Ways You Know Youâre Getting Effing Older
You gave me lots of reasons to smile here, Corinne! Thanks for brightening my day, dear friend!
Martha Orlando recently posted..A Season of Waiting
I love your list, especially chocolate and fountain pens! I LOVE FOUNTAIN PENS! I’ve misplaced one of mine, but actually, I think the couch ate it. I will definitely have to write my own list of thirty things to smile about!
What a nice list. I have some bubble wrap I think I might play with.
Loving this bloghop – and strangely, chocolate did not figure on my list. Coffee did, though!
Smell of a new book, children talking, a song…all lovely!
Keep smiling, Corinne.
Vidya Sury recently posted..Did I Smile Today?
A smile is so simple and yet so powerful. Loved your list.
Sherry recently posted..How and where to find clients for your mumpreneur business
This whole list makes me want to smile! Thanks, Corinne!
Laurel Regan recently posted..#MicroblogMondays 29 – If we met for coffee
I’m glad it does, Laurel!
Corinne Rodrigues recently posted..The Art of Stillness #1Word
lisa thomson-the great escape
Aw, this is such a sweet list! I love it. Chocolate, a hot shower, coffee, a smile from a stranger—all of these make me happy too.
lisa thomson-the great escape recently posted..Divorce Savvy Quiz
Corinne Rodrigues recently posted..Irish Blessings Proverbs And Sayings
I was smiling and nodding through this whole post Corinne! You and I have so much in common! I was especially smiling at the bubble wrap (YES I AM A POPPER TOO), the inside joke (oh how I relish those!), and the smell of a new notebook (I am a sniffer as well as a popper lol). Absolutely loved this, and I noted the dog humor you included too. Yes, I see we think a lot alike. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely, funny post. 🙂
I’ve nodded violently to many on that list Corrinne – except the beer and pizza and chocolate, which are off my food list. So I’d replace them with cold Magner’s cider, (gluten-free) eggy bread and bananas and (gluten-free, lactose-free) custard. And crisp English apples would have to be on my list somewhere. Which brings me to musicals…
Judy recently posted..Is Sugar A Nutrient?
It’s Janice from Mostly Blogging. You visited my site this morning, and I wanted to say thank you. I’m glad you liked my blog brand article.
I read your post, and I would like to respond. If it is alright I made a list for YOU.
We have a lot in common: I love dogs, chocolate, inside jokes, and cold pizza for breakfast (in no particular order). We also both know Carol, Kathy, and Lux.
I had fun making my list for you.
Nice meeting you.
Janice Wald recently posted..How to Significantly Rise in the SEO Ranks