One of our #FridayReflections prompt this week asks me to share three things that I plan to do differently in 2017. It seems to me that 2017 is already different, mainly because of one specific change I’ve made. While declaring that my word of the year is ‘happy’, I quietly promised myself that this would be the year of ‘no guilt’, and 6 days later, I’m happy to report that it’s started to work. I know I have many days ahead, but I can sense the big difference this is making. (No guilt about posting this late, for example!)
3 Things I Plan To Do Differently in 2017
- Plan my days better – and here’s where I’ve started to see the use and the wisdom of a bullet journal. Yes my bullet journal, albeit a crude and self-made one, is working for me. The best part of this is the ease with which I can carry jobs forward. Once again, reduced guilt.
- Do my Morning Pages within the day even if it is not necessarily in the morning. When I don’t do a day, I’m not going to allow guilt to stop me from restarting.
- Go for a walk as many times a week as I can. The difference this year is that I’m not going to focus on weight loss, but on getting healthy.
What are you doing differently in 2017?
If you are new to Friday Reflections, here’s what it’s about. It’s the end of the week, you’re probably exhausted with work, and all you want to do is sit back, put your feet up, sip on some fancy cocktail or wine, and write away. Sanch of Living My Imperfect Life and Everyday Gyaan give you writing prompts and all you have to do is choose any one of those prompts to blog about and link up between Friday and Monday. After you link up, be sure to spread the love by visiting other bloggers who have linked up too.
Feel free to add our Friday Reflections badge to your post or sidebar! Follow us on Twitter @FridayReflect and join our Facebook Group. Share your post on social media with the hashtag #FridayReflections.
Our featured writer this week was Mithila for her take on saying goodbye to 2016. You can be our featured writer too. All you need to do is write on one of the prompts and link up below. Remember to read other posts and share the love. Don’t forget to come back on Monday and vote for your favourite post!
Prompts for this week:
1. Favourite book of all time
2. The driving force of your life
3. Three things I’d do differently this year
4. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” – Rumi. Use this quote within your post or as an inspiration for one
5. Picture Prompt (credit: http://everydaygyaan.com)
Image of welcome 2017 text on cloud shape chalkboard via Shutterstock
Leave a Reply