As I start to think of the year ahead, and try to figure out what my word of the year will be, I will naturally be looking back on 2015. While I’ve achieved much emotionally, there are several areas in which I haven’t done what I planned to. I don’t want to look back with regret – it won’t get me anywhere. I’d rather look forward and think about how 2016 can be more meaningful.
20 Small Ways To Make 2016 More Meaningful
Let me share 20 small ways (in random order) I plan to bring more meaning to my life in 2016.
- Writing my Morning Pages every day.
- Keeping my Gratitude Journal more diligently.
- Practicing active, empathetic listening every day. Even if I don’t agree with a viewpoint, I must attempt to look at things differently.
- Turning off the computer before dinner every night.
- Planning for the next day before I go to bed.
- Getting into bed by 9 pm.
- Organizing my blogging better – using a calendar and sticking to it.
- Setting a fixed time aside for social media.
- Consciously doing one kind deed for someone every day, even if it means thinking about them and sending them a blessing.
- Getting at least 20 minutes of exercise every day.
- Making a weekly menu, so that our food is better balanced and we can organize ourselves in advance – no last minute scramble for ingredients or having to order in.
- Attempting to stop multi-tasking.
- Ignoring all blogging challenges, instead spend more time reading.
- Carrying a notebook around and jot down ideas as and when they occur to me.
- Listening to more music.
- Spending more time reflecting.
- Completing some courses I started in 2015, so I can continue to learn something new.
- Playing more word games.
- Painting and coloring more.
- Connecting with more people offline.
Do these look like resolutions? Perhaps. that’s what they are. They’re all part of what goes to make up my word for 2016 that I will reveal soon.
There’s only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self – Aldous Huxley
How do you plan to add more meaning to your days in 2016?
The Write Tribe website might be down for a short while as I make some changes to it, hence our #MondayMusings post will be hosted here for a few weeks.
All you have to do is:
Write a post sharing your thoughts with us – happy, sad, philosophical, ‘silly’ even. Make it as personal as possible.
Use the hashtag #MondayMusings.
Add your link to the linky which you will find either here or on the post of a co-host.
Use our #MondayMusings badge to encourage other bloggers join in too.