My present interest is journalling. I explore all types. So when I come across Keri Smith’s, Wreck This Journal , I’m interested. Every page is an exciting invitation to do something crazy! “Lose this page. Throw it out. Accept the loss.” “Pour, spill, drip, spit your coffee here.” I’m telling you!
But I’m struck by the introduction: “Warning: during the process of this book you will get dirty. You may find yourself covered in paint, or any other number of foreign substances. You will get wet. You may be asked to do things you question. You may grieve for the perfect state that you found the book in. You may begin to see creative destruction everywhere. You may begin to live more recklessly.”
Ha! Doesn’t that sound like life? I know it sounds just like mine!
Imperfections. Weaknesses. Lack of resolution. Inability to stay the course. These are all a part of who I am. I start to accept that. Realize that this is who I am. This acceptance makes room for grace. I find His power in weakness. I begin to realize the true meaning of the God’s promise that St Paul spoke about:
My grace is enough for you; for power is at full stretch in weakness
– 2 Corinthians 12: 9 (The New Jerusalem Bible)
Day 2 of the 3-day Quote Challenge for which I was was tagged by Lata of Lata Wonders .
The rules for the 3 Day Quote Challenge are simple.
- Post a favorite quote of yours for 3 consecutive days, obviously a different quote each day from any book, any author of your choice. It could also be your own quote.
- Nominate 3 bloggers with each post to challenge them.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
Today it’s my pleasure to nominate:
- AJ of My Emotions
- Eloquent Mind of Life…As It Is
- Marcia of Blogitudes – also one of the hosts for the 1Word Blog Link up
I’m linking into The One Word Linkup is hosted by Lisa of The Golden Spoons, Janine of Confessions of a Mommyholic, and Marcia of Blogitudes.
1) Choose one of the following words. 2) Write a post. 3) Link up!
(The Link up goes live at 6:00am EST on Wednesdays and closes at 9:00pm EST on Thursdays.)
This week’s prompt choices are:Silly / Weak
Photo credit: Ann Voskamp